The contract of hire is between the customer and Island Riderz (Néstor Gaze Martín con DNI 44711777F) subject to all T&C’s in this contract
1. PAYMENT METHODS: Online bookings can only be made with credit cards through the secure online booking system.
2. DEPOSIT: From the start of the hiring period, your credit card with which you made your booking will be charged a Security deposit of €150 per bike hired. This deposit will be released at the end of the hiring period and when all of the equipment hired has been checked. The cost of repairing or replacing any damage to the bike or equipment incurred during the hire will be taken from this deposit. Please note, there is also the alternative option of providing the deposit in cash should you wish from the start of the hire period. All customers must provide an identity document and proof of their accommodation itiniary when the bikes are collected.
* If you cancel up to one month before the delivery date, you will receive a full refund.
* If you cancel between one month and two weeks of the delivery date, you will receive a 50% refund.
* If you cancel with less than two week’s notice of the delivery date, you will receive no refund.
4. The person who signs the contract of hire must be older than 18 years old and will be responsible for all of the hired equipment.
5. RETURNING EQUIPMENT: The hirer must Return all the equipment, including accessories at the agreed time. Any changes to the Return time or date must be agreed in advance with Island Riderz and cannot be guaranteed. Failure to Return the bikes or equipment on the agreed date will result in a daily penalty of €100 and the possibility of further legal action may be taken.
6. EARLY RETURNS: If you decide to return your bike and equipment before the end of your hire period, no refund will be given.
7. CARING FOR THE EQUIPMENT:
The hired equipment must only be used by the customers within the contract. The equipment must only be used for road cycling and all local road rules must be adhered to.
Customers are expected to take all necessary precautions to protect the equipment from damage, loss or theft. If any of these events occur, you must contact Island Riderz immediately and in the case of loss or theft, the local authority must be notified (we will be able to help with this if needed). The cost of repairing any damage or replacing lost or stolen bikes will need to be covered by the hirer.
The client must make sure that the bike and accessories are secure at all times even when not in use by using the lock provided and ensuring the lock goes through the wheels, frame and saddle. We do recommend the bike and equipment remain with you at all times where possible.
8. THIRD PARTY INSURANCE: Our bicycles have third party insurance which is included in the hire pricing whereby any damage or injuries to a 3rd party is insured. The hirer is not responsible or insured against any physical injuries suffered by the client. Please note that our insurance does not cover theft or loss of any equipment. Examples of what third party insurance will cover are:
If i fall off the bike and suffer physical injury? NO
If i fall off and the bike gets damaged? NO
If i have an accident and another person is injured? YES
If i have an accident and another bike / vehicle is damaged? YES
If i damage any public / private property? YES
If the bike or any of the accessories are stolen anywhere? NO
We recommend that our customers have their own insurance which covers anything not covered by our third party insurance as above.
9. RESPOSABILITIES OF ISLANDRIDERZ: We take responsibility of the day to day care, upkeep and maintenance of the bikes and their parts. In case of equipment faults whilst being used, Island Riderz accepts no responsibility.
10. The customer and their party must abide by Spanish traffic rules.
11. This contract is governed by Spanish law and for any legal processes, the Canary Islands’ laws will apply.